Truth-is-stranger-than-fiction

Thursday, January 04, 2007

A new insight

Recently was forced to have a lunch with someone whom I really dont like but still have to spend 8 hours a day together.

What I most dislike about the lady is her vociferous lectures and tips on how to manage work and life.
Just to avoid those I JLT prmopted her to talk about her career and life story.
What came out was astounding!

1.5 hours long story in short is this.
"An avreage PGDCA student got married to a Sarkari Babu and become a contented homemaker. But just becoz she had a determination to make a mark in the corporate world. She stared working as a Lab Assistant in some small time institute within two months got promoted to Faculty. By this time family moved to some remote place and she had to leave that job. Starting again from scratch she managed to get a Govt Job, but unfortunately couldn't join since they again had to move. This time to a metropolitan. Not dettreing from the earlier hiccups she again started having tutions and than gradually moved back to a small company. With a vision learnt a new upcoming technology and this time struck the jackpot. Determination got recognised and off she went abroad.. Now she is the major bread earner of the family and as always a very efficient housewife."

I was really impressed. Once again I got convinced with the idea that every human being has something good and very impressive and I as another human being dont have any right to judge or condemn.

It isnt that now i can bear her lectures but at least I know where are they coming from and can deal with them...

2 Comments:

At 06 January, 2007, Blogger How do we know said...

arre wah!!

 
At 08 January, 2007, Blogger Aradhna said...

Shukriya!

This appreciation was for me, I hope or was for the lady in question?

 

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

<< Home