Perceptions
One of my Blog Friends perception about me.
"You are a woman, obviously.
You are intensely passionate and patient at the same time.
You have an ability to give and receive love that might surprise most people.
You must be between 25-32 years of age, and I have a vague feeling that you are good looking. You live somewhere in India and think of some of the things that you might have liked to do in life..
You obviously love poetry and like most people, you do not love it for its own sake, but for what it can do to you.
At times, you find yourself very mature, and at other times, very childlike and helpless about your own emotions.
However, you derive a wonderful joy out of flowing with your emotions, though they may appear uncontroled to others.
You are obviously sensitive but one thing that you do know, is how to handle a situation.
You know where to express your emotions and where to control the expression.
You must appear a very jovial person to your friends, and
I think that you like the colours black and white. You might also like blue.
You're obviously married and methinks, are reasonably happy with your marriage.
I think what you would really like is a friend with whom you can talk your soul out. "
I must say the 90% things said are absolutely correct.
What got me thinking was the second part of the game:" the way we take our stereotypes for granted.."
How necessary is it to have streotypes and how much necessary to make opinions based on those perceptions.
Going by my personal experience both me and my friend are about 90% correct about each other, this will surely help us taking our friendship forward. But, even if we would not have been this correct we would have been friends. So why to have perceptions in the first place?
Secondly, do I really know myself so much that I can say that my blogger friend is correct or not. especially for very abstract things like ability to give love and handle situations.
Last but not the least, based on a lot of things like caste region and education people make a perception about certain people, I have found those to be correct quiet a lot of times. So shall we make perceptions based on these things or not ???
All this thinking and rethinking got me lost and I finally came to my old theory
"Never analyse and judge a person unless absolutely necessary and when it is absolutely necessary ensure that all the perceptions, actions done and words spoken, company of friends kept everything shall be covered"
This does work for me quiet a lot of times.

8 Comments:
What you say is true.. i also used to think that these stereotypes come out true.. and then, one day, i was struck with the idea.. maybe, the stereotypes are self fulfilling prophesies.. hence the whole experiment. the exercise did change my perception.. totally!
I am glad to see that you were able to make out what I was saying.
BTW, did u get my mail?
nope.. not yet.. have added you to my yahoo though.. please approve adding, and then we can talk!!
Where r u there days - geographically speaking! :-)
Not a very good sign, you didnt get my mail.
Geographically, today I am in Gurgaon, and tomorrow in Agra.
Than for next one week, I will be in Jaipur.
After that....dont think you really are interested in that much.
Are u in GGN for the weekend on this month end - the 30th Sep-2nd oct one? I am in GGN then.
agla post kab hoga?
Hi
Thanks for visiting my blog & hope 2 c ya more often! Good 2 c ur blog.
As regards ur post, perceptions & judgements come to us...I think they r sort of inborn...Guess its upto us to consciously avoid the same. What say?
Hi HTBM,
Well...I dont really like to avoid the perceptions, just that if at all I make Judgement the weightage I give to them is very less.
Will keep visiting your blog like the posts and also the pink colour.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.
<< Home