Truth-is-stranger-than-fiction

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Tanha

zindagii yun hui basar tanhaa
qaafilaa saath aur safar tanhaa

apane saaye se chaunk jaate hain
umr guzarii hai is qadar tanhaaa

raat bhar bolate hain sannaate
raat kaate koii kidhar tanhaa

din guzarataa nahin hai logon mein
raat hotii nahi basar tanhaa

hamane daravaze tak to dekhaa thaa
phir na jaane gaye kidhar tanhaa

- Gulzar

8 Comments:

At 20 December, 2006, Blogger How do we know said...

How r u doing? And whats with the oasis of peace in ur life? Hows everything?!


This doesnt have the "feel" of a Gulzar.. more like Nida Fazli or someone.. are u sure of that? Its of, course, one of my favorites.. :-)

 
At 20 December, 2006, Blogger Aradhna said...

I am good. Oasis sometimes is a mirage.

I havent read Nida Fazli much so cant really compare, but the last lines have the Gulzar touch.

I am in Delhi for XmAS and New year, are you ?

 
At 21 December, 2006, Blogger Figurines of glass said...

Thanks Chiya. really appreciate ur words :)

 
At 22 December, 2006, Blogger Sugarlips said...

I like Gulzar's poetry :)

Thanx for sharing :)

Stay Beautiful...!!

 
At 24 December, 2006, Blogger How do we know said...

I am in Delhi now. Lets meet up tomorrow if u see this? will chk my blog around 1100 hours tomorrow morning.

 
At 24 December, 2006, Blogger Aradhna said...

I need your number and address plz.
you can send that to me on askmecontemporary@yahoo.com

 
At 26 December, 2006, Blogger Aradhna said...

Oops! seems we missed it again:(

 
At 26 December, 2006, Blogger Figurines of glass said...

thanks for the lovely wishes chiya :)

 

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

<< Home