O Buddha, Where Are Thou?
I want to be a Buddha
With a calm and beaming smile.
I'd radiate transcendence
In my placid Buddha style.
I'd fear no ills, I'd dread no bills.
I'd have no need for kicks and thrills.
When others turned to happy pills,
I'd meditate awhile.
I wouldn't suffer pangs of lust
Or jealousy or wrath.
I'd need no SUV, Because I'd walk the Eightfold Path.
My cravings all would be undone.
I'd contemplate the moon and sun,
And understand that they were One,
For that is Buddhist math.
I'd have no life ambitions,
Being quite content to be.
I'd need no ego-stroking,
For there wouldn't be a me.
I'd never rush to make a buck
Or toot my horn or curse my luck.
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't suck
To be attachment-free.

3 Comments:
And what stops you? (from being a buddha, that is).. is this your own writing?
This isnt my writing..
For some reason,I cant write and for the similar reason I cant be Buddha...
ahah!
Thats achieving nirvana..guess all of us hope that someday we'll get there....!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.
<< Home