Cost of Celebration
A winter evening.
Four friends.
One barsaat.
Four glasses of chai
Hundred bucks of petrol.
A rusty old bike.
And an open road.
Maggi noodles.
A hostel room.
4.25 a.m.
3 old friends.
3 separate cities.
3 coffee mugs.
1 internet messenger.
Rain on a hot tin roof.
Pakoras deep-frying.
Neighbours dropping in.
A party.
You and mom.
A summer night.
A bottle of coconut oil.
A head massage.
Gossiping about absent family members.
You can spend hundreds on birthdays,
thousands on festivals,
lakhs on weddings,
but to celebrate all you have to spend is your Time.

7 Comments:
I LOVE YOU!! And I hate you.. how could you do this to me.. ;-) make me laugh and cry at the same time? I have the coffee cup in my hand.. the other 2 are not there...
If the other 2 are friends how can they be not there!!!
Friends are always there with you, you just need to close your eyes and talk to them.
Hey,
Have read this one before and everytime I read it...its always beautiful...says it all!
Lovely post...thx for dropping by my blog!
2 coffee mug
One Table
One mug filled
One empty
Two friends
One daughter
One husband
One fight
No friends
Buddy..
Two friends,
Many fights.
Many patch-ups.
One End
LOVE PREVAILS!!!!!!!!!!!
*3 old friends.
3 separate cities.
3 coffee mugs.
1 internet messenger*
How I wish for these times again!
Hi Ekta,
You have a lovely blog I am really impressed by your response to hubby. Preety inspiring.
Thanx for coming to my blog.
Hi Anand,
Yes, even I long for these small things and maggi noodles the most.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.
<< Home